Study in Malaysia
There are few universities of Australia and UK operating their campuses in Malaysian. So students can also can take advantage of that. There are some scholarship programs also offered by Universities every year for national and international students.
Guideline for Students want to study in Malaysia:
Malaysian Universities you can study:
|Universiti Malaya||Kuala Lumpur||33|
|Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia||Bhangi, Kuala Lumpur||57|
|Universiti Sains Malaysia||Georgetown||61|
|University Teknologi Malaysia||Kuala Lumpur||68|
|Universiti Putra Malaysia||Serdang||72|
|International Islamic University Malaysia||Gombak||151|
Average tuition fee for study in Malaysia:
The fee for students for public and private Universities vary as per their degree and the University they have selected. The undergraduate level fee in Malaysia can be about US$ 4000 to 5000 for 3 or years. Students can also find this information from the university, where they apply for admission.
Work Policy for the Students:
The students are only allowed to work during the holidays from their Universities and there are restrictions of work fir students during their studies.
Accommodation for the students:
In Malaysia Universities do not offer the accommodation for the students. So the students who come to Malaysia must make arrangements for their accommodation.
Scholarships for the international students:
Here are some famous scholarships available for international students:
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Scholarships
- Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS)
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP)
- IACT Creative Talent Award 2017
- Institute of Research Management & Consultancy & Bright sparks Scholarship
- NEXUS Scholarship 2016
- Asia e University: AeU Merit Scholarship
- Foundation in Science scholarship
- University of Sheffield Undergraduate Scholarships
- Sunway College Special Scholarship
Language requirements for study in Malaysia:
Students who belong to non-native English speaker countries must have certificate of IELTS or TOEFL which are the big proof of their English language proficiency skills.
How to Apply and document required:
To get the visa first application should apply for any selected course in any university and get the invitation letter from the University. Based upon that invitation from the University you can apply for the visa application to the embassy. Meanwhile you can book for your ticket and inform the University about the details of your arrival and airport you will land. The process for visa would be completed in 2 weeks and you will get the study pass. Following documents should be ready before you apply:
- Offer letter from your chosen educational institution approved by the pass & permit division in the Immigration Headquarters of Malaysia.
- Two passport sized photographs
- Two photocopies of your Passport
- Academic transcript(s) of records
- Proof of full-time course of study approved by the Minister of Home Affairs
- Proof of financial capability to meet course and other expenses
- Health certificate
- Evidence of security and personal bond